Sunday, August 30, 2015
WHAT TO DO AROUND KUALA LUMPUR CITY CENTER posted at 7:55 AM
I know this is a long overdue post but still I want to share with you my top things to do around Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC).
I've been very busy with other things for the past four months such as the Candy Kawaii Lover webstore
which occupies 99% of my time, attending events, chores, sickness and deliberating about the direction of this blog. Yes, to be honest it has been a limbo whilst I was gone because as much as I want to maintain the uniqueness of this blog, I need to work too. So how do I maintain CKL's branding and everything else? Well, I've found a solution to that - dividing my personal instagram account and CKL's. You can add both at @ashleydy and @candykawaiilover btw. I'm really sorry about leaving this blog unattended but I'll try my best! From now on it'll be focusing on kawaii, lifestyle, and travel. Join me as I unravel the kawaii secrets of KL!
So lucky I found a Blythe exhibition at Kinokuniya Bookstore at KLCC mall. Gosh, I've been talking about Blythe dolls
in this blog way too much- I don't even own one. But someday, someday. They're kind of creepy cute with their big eyes and adorable clothes.
There were also some other events going on~
Without further ado, let me share my top places to go to around KLCC:
1. My number one on the list - Kinokuniya. Why? For book/manga/Japanese magazine lovers like me, Kinokuniya is HEAVEN. Please. Everything we need is here. If I have more time, I would reserve my whole day here.
2. Of course most travellers would place Petronas on the top of their list. To be fair, we went straight to Petronas from the airport just to glare at it's majestic night beauty. It was sparkling up close, so romantic!
3. Aquaria KLCC - because I'm a kid at heart. I know, I know there are a lot of issues regarding putting mammals/ sea creatures inside an aquarium but for people with phobias, it's a chance to see the world. Tickets are around Php4300/ $100.
4. SkyBar for the best view of Petronas!
5. Dinoscovery. This is the Song Triplet's fault especially Song Tyrano aka Minguk that I've been into dinosaurs. Gosh, those kids are the cutest! Tickets are around Php4300/ $100 as well.
6. Tokyo Street at Pavilion KL. See my full post about it here
7. KLCC park for swimming, running, jogging and taking photos of your ootds.
Hope you like this post! Let me know if you have any questions!
Labels: kinokuniya, klcc, kuala lumpur, shop candykawaiilover
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Dolly Kaye Shoot BTS posted at 4:50 AM
Sorry for the lack of posts, I'm trying my best to blog everyday as usual but the internet and my current routine wasn't allowing me to. I hope I can change this from today.
Read more »
Thank you so much Chi Chi for this artwork, you can check her other works here
. On this post, I'll share some behind the scenes photos from our Dolly Kaye shoot, a dreamy clothing line by one of my favourite person in THE WHOLE WORLD, Kaye. Our shoot was held at Kawaii PH office aka Kaila
's turf so you'll see some bits of her here, too. It was my first time to meet our Larme Boy, Yool, our photographer for that day.. and I'm always with Mica, Chai and Wynona on Kawaii Ph events thus we were bonded so much. We were also with the lovely couple, Chi Chi and Francis (who discovered the best burger in town, Barney's)
Labels: ashley, chai mungcal, chi chi, dolly kaye, kaye romero, little miss paint brush, marotestque diaries, mica cruz, oh my little girl, vanilla fairy
Thursday, July 9, 2015
PHOTO DIARY: PINTO ART GALLERY, ANTIPOLO posted at 8:23 PM
Before my dslr got broken, Anne Kate, Kiko and I went to Pinto Museum in Antipolo for a day trip. Everything was so photogenic and surreal to me, it took me back to the memories of Naoshima. I kind of wish I live closer to this place - a breath of fresh air from Manila.
Read more »
Labels: antipolo, pinto art gallery, pinto museum
PIANDRE KERATIN COMPLEX TREATMENT posted at 3:25 AM
I've been in Manila for two months now and I was in the lookout for a salon that would be perfect for me. Last Monday, Tricia
introduced me to Piandre BGC to try their Keratin Complex treatment for the first time. The senior stylist told me that it's suitable for my hair since it became really frizzy (proof: the photo above). I'm going to share the whole story on this post so.. you have to read more!
Read more »
Labels: ashley, keratin complex treatment, piandre
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
めちゃ怖すぎるけど、出来ましたよ！⭐️ posted at 10:13 PM
Ha-ro, July! We're on our second half of 2015. Can you believe? Well, we don't have any choice.. don't we? Here's a little recap of my life from January to June 2015 - this is one of the moments I am thankful that I kept a blog, I can just type "Candy Kawaii Lover (month) (year)" on google then everything I need to see will just appear. Like magic, eh?
January at Takayama
- it was the start of the year and the end of Winter Holidays, my sister Coleen and I decided to make a short trip to Takayama for the first time before we part ways. She's living alone in Osaka and I'm living alone (that time) in Fujisawa. Her feet was aching because of this pair of Nike shoes (I'm wearing on the photo) so I told her we can switch shoes. Hope you don't judge me if I don't look fashionable with white Nikes - I just love my sis. It was also freezing.. below zero degrees.
February at Shirohige's Creampuff Shop
with one of my favourite people in Japan, Kathryn (Oh Page Boys
). Actually we were in Shimokitazawa that day for their yearly Tengu Festival (a version of Bean Throwing Day) and right after that we decided to search for the world famous Totoro choux. It was delightful as expected!
March at Matsumoto
as a goodbye treat from my co-teachers in Fujisawa. Being a teacher wasn't really a path that I imagined that I would be at but it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. TO be a able to touch lives of children (the future) is just beyond me. Again, it was my first time in Matsumoto and I've heard that their peak season is during May! Hopefully I could comeback. I bid sayonara to my previous work it was a tough choice, I was scared and I'm glad I pulled it off.
April at Kyoto, Ginkakuji, Philosopher's Walk (and more here
) with Coleen again! I've been to Kyoto way too many times but not around Philosopher's Walk - not sure why! It was so, so dreamy by the way. I couldn't explain.
May at Bunny Baker -my first ever workshop
! All thanks to Kawaii.Ph
team! Ahh these touting bunny macarons in pink, vanilla and teal - how cute are they! Being an introvert that I am, of course I was nervous even if I know my topic by heart and I could talk about it endlessly if given the chance. I'm just really happy that I did it - thanks to my co-speakers Anne Kate and Chai! Now looking back and thinking about it. Me? Talking in front of more than 15 people.. you've gotta be kidding me.
June at Kuala Lumpur
, Malaysia with Justin. This trip was an explosion of many firsts and happy memories - our first time in KL, a meet-up with my lovely princesses Mieko and Hermes, strolling around KL by myself, din din at Jalan Alor, high tea at Ritz Carlton, shopping at Tokyo Street at Pavilion, using uber everywhere we go, among many others.
AND.. so much more things I'm thankful about like:
Sharing my life story at Kawaii Ph Book (it's currently available at Kawaii.Ph/store
Thank you everyone for believing in me especially on those moments that I didn't. Cheers!
Labels: kuala lumpur, matsumoto, shop candykawaiilover, workshop